The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has recently announced some modifications to the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam pattern for the year 2024. These changes are aimed at providing a better testing experience for aspiring law students. In this article, we will explore the updated CLAT 2024 exam pattern and provide some useful tips for exam preparation.
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern:
The CLAT 2024 exam will continue to be conducted in offline mode, but the number of questions has been reduced from 150 to 120. This adjustment allows for a more streamlined examination process while still evaluating candidates’ aptitude for law studies. The marking scheme remains the same, with 1 mark awarded for each correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect responses. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes.
The CLAT 2024 syllabus will cover the following subjects:
- English Language: Grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing skills.
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge: Current events, history, and geography.
- Logical Reasoning: Problem-solving using logic and reasoning.
- Legal Reasoning: Knowledge of legal concepts and principles.
- Quantitative Techniques: Mathematical problem-solving.
The CLAT 2024 will be a multiple-choice exam with 120 questions. Candidates will have 2 hours to complete the exam. There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The exam will consist of the following sections:
- English Language: 30 questions
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge: 30 questions
- Logical Reasoning: 20 questions
- Legal Reasoning: 20 questions
- Quantitative Techniques: 20 questions
The CLAT 2024 exam is scheduled to be held on December 3, 2023. Candidates interested in appearing for the exam must complete their online registration before the deadline. The registration process will commence on July 1, 2023.
Tips for CLAT 2024 Exam Preparation:
- Start early: Given the competitive nature of the CLAT, it is crucial to begin your preparation well in advance. Starting early allows you to cover the syllabus thoroughly and revise effectively.
- Take practice tests: Practice tests are valuable resources for familiarizing yourself with the exam format and question types. Numerous online platforms and books offer practice tests that simulate the actual exam environment.
- Join a study group: Collaborating with fellow aspirants can boost motivation and provide a supportive learning environment. Engaging in group discussions and sharing study materials can enhance your understanding of various topics.
- Stay organized: Develop a study schedule that incorporates all the subjects and topics you need to cover. Regularly review your notes and practice problems to reinforce your understanding and identify areas that require further attention.
- Prioritize rest and sleep: Adequate rest and sleep are crucial for maintaining focus and concentration during the exam. Ensure you have a well-balanced routine that allows for sufficient rest and rejuvenation.
The CLAT 2024 exam pattern has undergone some changes to optimize the testing process while evaluating candidates’ aptitude for law studies. Aspirants must stay updated with the official announcements and adhere to the registration deadlines. By following the suggested preparation tips and putting in consistent effort, candidates can enhance their chances of success in the CLAT 2024 examination.
For more detailed information regarding the CLAT 2024 exam pattern and other updates, it is advisable to visit the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities.
Best of luck to all aspiring law students preparing for the CLAT 2024 exam! For best CLAT coaching contact Surya Law Academy.